Practice Mindfulness With Twin Rabbits
Munchy and Jumpy are twin rabbits who — like all of us — face challenges and have bad days.
With help from their mother, their uncle, and each other, Munchy and Jumpy learn important things about friendship, feelings, listening to others.
The series is part of Big Heart World partner Empowering Education’s K-8 curriculum, and it can be used by parents/caregivers, educators, or counselors to work through big ideas and skills with children. Empowering Education has generously shared the books — in English and Spanish — for people to use on the Big Heart World website. Please download (and enjoy!) the books below.
A Forgotten Birthday Party
- What were Munchy and Jumpy feeling during their birthday party?
- How did they get to repeat the day?
- What was different and what was the same on the "double day"?
- What helped Munchy and Jumpy enjoy their birthday?
- What is something that you did that should have been fun but you didn’t enjoy, like Munchy and Jumpy?
- Munchy and Jumpy learned from their uncle about something we call mindfulness. Have you heard of mindfulness? How would you describe it?
- If you could do a double day for one of the days this week, what would you do differently?
Paws and Hands
- What did Jumpy do when she got to the tree? What did Munchy do?
- What did Munchy do differently during the double-day?
- Why didn’t Munchy want to play with Rhonda?
- What did Rhonda and Munchy have in common?
- What differences were there between Rhonda and Munchy?
- How did the differences between Rhonda and Munchy help?
- How are some of your friends different from you?
- When has it been hard for you to talk with new people? How do you handle that?
A Thorny Day
- What was Jumpy feeling during the rainy day? What was Munchy feeling?
- What did Jumpy do to feel better? What did Munchy do?
- The things that you do when you are having a tough day are called “coping skills." What is a coping skill you have used when you have to sit longer than you want to?
- What are some of the coping skills you use when you’re nervous or upset to make you feel better?
- What can happen if we don’t use coping skills?
- Munchy seemed to like eating to make him feel better. Why did he take only one strawberry the second time?