A Friend Like You!
The Bubble Guppies love dancing together!
Have YOU and your child ever tried a partner dance like the cha-cha or swing? Moving in sync, complementing each other’s moves, and supporting each other can be challenging, but it can help teach important lessons related to friendship. When you dance together — moving to the same beat, coordinating your movements, and being careful not to step on each other’s toes — you’re helping your child to learn to be a good friend.
Wiggle and move to this month’s Big Heart Beats song, “A Friend Like You”!
- Let’s listen to the Noggin Big Heart Beats Album song “A Friend Like You”!
- Let’s sit or stand and hold hands, swaying our bodies to the beat.
- Let’s see if we can hold hands and move in sync for the whole song!
- Let's play Noggin’s Big Heart Beats Album song “A Friend Like You.”
- Let’s hold hands and sway our bodies to the beat.
- Now let’s march to the music. I’ll start and you can follow me.
- Now I’ll move my body in a new way — can you follow along and copy what I do?
- Let’s keep going until the song ends. It’s great to have a friend like you, too!
- Let’s listen to Noggin’s Big Heart Beat Album song “A Friend Like You.”
- Let’s choreograph a dance for the two of us that goes along with music.
- You can think of the first dance move, and I’ll follow along. Now it’s my turn to add to the dance. Try to copy my move.
- When we’ve devised all of our dance moves, let’s dance together! Let’s try to move in sync for the whole song.